Dealing with Picky Eaters
Who likes brussel sprouts? Bread crusts? Soggy cereal? Not your toddler, I bet!
Dealing with a picky eater can be challenging to the point of I-want-to-pull-my-hair-out frustration. But don’t worry, there is hope and help to be had.
The video for this lesson addresses the issue of little ones who are picky eaters. No, there’s no pill or sure-fire cure you can offer, but you will be given tips that have proven successful to help you a) deal with the issue and b) rectify the situation (to some degree, anyway).
So how’s it going? Are you having any luck getting your preschooler to be less picky about his/her eating habits?
Let’s give you some practical suggestions for getting your preschooler to eat better.
1. Try one bite and that’s all you have to eat should be a rule in your house. You can’t judge a book by its cover or a veggie by its shape.
2. Don’t force kids to clean their plates.
3. Don’t make sweets and other unhealthy foods an option for snack time.
4. Kids have a tendency to fixate on one or two foods at a time. As long as they’re healthy ones, don’t worry. It will change right along with their shoe size.
5. Let your kids see you eating a variety of healthy foods.
6. Let your kids help you cook and prepare meals. Taking ownership in something makes it more appealing.
7. Make eating fun. A piece of celery is boring, but add peanut butter or cheese spread and raisins and it’s an adventure.
You have foods you don’t like. So does your preschooler. Don’t worry about it. Just make sure to introduce new foods to their diet and keep things healthy and interesting. Oh, and it won’t hurt to remind them that it’s all good. The Bible even says so!
“Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.” ~Genesis 1:11-12
Happy meal time, and please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me to let me know how I can pray for you and your family.